Saturday, February 2, 2008

Homemade Granola

This is my mom's recipe...I made this yesterday with Anna for the first time and we LOVE it!! It is so good and healthy! (We didn't add the coconut or any fruit, but I'm sure it is super good with all that) :)

Makes about 1 gallon

Pre heat Oven to 300ยบ
Line 2 cookie sheets w. parchment

In a large bowl mix the following:
8 cups rolled oats (the thick kind)
1 1/2 c wheat germ
1/2 c sunflower seeds (raw,unsalted)
1/2 c ground flaxseed
1/2 c sesame seeds
1 cup each - chopped almonds, pecans, walnuts

In a medium saucepan - mix the following
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 c maple syrup
3/4 c honey
1 c expeller pressed canola oil
1 T cinnamon
1 T vanilla

Bring to boil over medium heat - pour over dry ingredients. Stir to
coat. Spread over two cookie sheets (with a lip) and bake 30 min.
Stir after 10 and 20 minutes.

Add 1 cup unsweetened coconut

After crisp and toasty let cool and add 2 cups raisins or desired fruit

2 comments:

kim said...

I've wanted to make my own granola for a long time...thanks for the recipe! I can't wait to try it!

Erin Johnson said...

This is delicious!!! I will be making it again and again.